Nowadays, Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery of Alicante is accomplished by specialists who work separately or in pairs, apart from the system developed by the National Health Service This methodology entails certain limitations regarding the National Health Service employer, such as the impossibility of treating all the existing pathology nor offering a continuous monitoring service.
For the time being, circumstances are favourable to create what would be the first Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery Service in Alicante province. It would be private, completely independent from the National Health Service and located in the Clínica Vistahermosa.
This brand new service has been created with a clear long term purpose: to become a point of reference in traumatology and orthopaedic surgery along the province. It intends to be offered high-quality overall assistance for the whole of the locomotor system, as well as a complete medical staff which covers every area of specialization.
Specific aims that should be emphasized:
- Treatment of the locomotor system from a comprehensive point of view in which traumatology and other related specialities are combined. Rheumatology, rehabilitation, physiotherapy, podiatry, sport medicine and even geriatrics are some of these medical branches which are to be implemented in this new service.
- Development and strengthening of an ambulatory major surgery unit in which most of the surgical operations would be performed. Thus, hospital admission would be obviously diminished.
- Achievement and development of the newest surgical techniques of the speciality with a special usage of the so-called minimally invasive techniques, which are working great advantages recently. Special attention would be paid to arthroscopic surgery (joints surgery).
- Complete coverage of all the specific areas of the locomotor system pathology, by a wide range of specialists with proven experience in the field.
- Offering a high quality medical assistance to our patients, with limited hospital admissions and an excellent comfort and satisfaction for all of them.
The department is located on the first floor of Clinica Vistahermosa in a newly created area assigned to traumatology.
Every day from Monday to Friday, morning and afternoon, there are traumatologists in the different surgeries, so there is no delay in the appointments and doctors can adapt to patient’s timetables.
There is 24-hour emergency on-call cover 365 days a year.
Our work is divided up into different departments. Hence, complicated cases are treated by a doctor who has focused his degree and job in the specific problems affecting the patient.